“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
What is after abortion trauma?
It’s the emotional impact that is nearly always experienced by both men and women after the abortion experience, because of unresolved psychological, physical and spiritual issues.
Self Test for Post-Abortion Women
If you answer Yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be experiencing after-abortion
- I was forced by others to abort.
- I have experienced nightmares or flashbacks about abortion.
- There are details about the abortion procedure that I cannot remember.
- I avoid places, people, and things that remind me of the abortion.
- I often have trouble sleeping.
- I feel guilt and shame sometimes after the abortion.
- I have cried over the abortion.
- I use alcohol or drugs once per week or more often.
- Sometimes I regret having the abortion.
- I often feel sad and depressed.
Emotional and Psychological Impact of Abortion
The uncomfortable feelings associated with an abortion may not appear immediately. They may not surface for several years following the abortion procedure. Nor will each woman or man possess all of them. The symptoms are similar to those in any post traumatic stress disorder and may include one or more of the following items.
We offer support for those experiencing after abortion trauma.
Call Us Today! Call us today to schedule a confidential appointment: 828.885.7885
or Walk In: 39 East Jordan Street, Brevard, NC.